Friday, December 03, 2004

First Post

So I've been reading different blogs for a while, and I think "Hey, I'm egotistical enough to think that other people care about what I think about things. Why don't I have a blog."

One little signup with Blogger later and - presto - I'm the owner of a brand-new blog. So, now I get to post a bunch of stuff that few will read and fewer will probably care about. Awesome!

So what am I going to talk about in this blog? Whatever I feel like (ah, the power of the Internet). In general, I suppose its going to be about my interests, so there will probably be posts about role-playing games, comic books, sci-fi and other suitably "geeky" stuff. I'll probably also post about my life as a Computer Science grad student occasionally and all of the excitement and intrigue that that entails...

Since I've got finals next week this is of course the PERFECT time to be starting something like this. After all, I should be studying my rear off to get the grades, but what better thing to do the week of finals but start a site to post things for random strangers on the Internet. What fun!

We'll see how this little experiment works out. Will it be a fun little thing that I maintain as a hobby, a horrible timesink that drags down too much of my time, or something shiny that I play with for a little while before discarding it for something newer and shinier? Stay tuned!

No comments: